Saturday, July 24, 2010
An Ode to MDN
I love my father-in-law. Yes, you heard me right. I realize that most of you who know Mike may find that hard to believe. But it's true. So, I'd like to give you at least ten reasons why I love Michael Donovan Norquist...
10. He used to take me golfing (yes, Mike, it's been a while...).
9. He's got a sweet big screen t.v. that he lets me watch (sometimes).
8. He took mercy on me nearly eight years ago and gave me a summer job sweating my behind off at his chemical company.
7. My kids absolutely adore him (again, I know this is strange).
6. Come on, he's got great hair (it's not fair that my father-in-law has so much more hair than I do).
5. He has helped us do our taxes for years.
4. He amazes me with how he can sit in a room for so long without talking to a single soul.
3. He is a great worship leader (and uses this gift at NBBFC regularly).
2. He took me to the Phillies game on Friday night (Diamond Dugout seats and Roy Halladay on the mound...YES!!!).
And the number 1 reason why I love Michael Donovan Norquist is...
1. His love for the Lord and obedience to God's will has served as a great example for me and has impacted my wife in profound ways.
Thanks for being a friend, Mike, and a great father-in-law. I pray that one day, when I'm old like you, I can give praise to God for blessing my family like He has blessed yours. You're the best.