Thursday, August 5, 2010

Church Life



It is true that sometimes the life of a pastor can be pretty challenging. (Hey, isn't it true that everybody's life has its "highs and lows"?) While I have certainly had more than a few opportunities to see the "ugly side" of life in the visible church over my 31 years, I continue to be totally in love with and totally amazed by all the beautiful aspects of the body of Christ. Listen, I don't know of any institutions or organizations that are completely problem-free. When fallen human beings (even those who are in the process of being conformed into Jesus' image) are involved, there is always the possibility of fireworks. However, there is no place I'd rather be than in a community of people who are learning to trust God and love others.

What is your favorite aspect of being a part of a local church? How has being a part of God's family helped you?

No comments:

Post a Comment