Friday, June 17, 2011

A Decade of Love


"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Ten years ago--June 17, 2001--I was blessed by God to marry the love of my life. Over the past decade, God has done so much in my life and one significant instrument of His divine work has been my godly and devoted wife. I am astonished at God's favor and amazed by His grace. My life has been filled with good things, not necessarily all pleasant things, which reflect God's amazing faithfulness and goodness.

I am grateful for an excellent wife who is a source of honor and not shame (Proverbs 12:4). I am constantly challenged by Laurie's commitment and dependability. I am proud to be a partner with her in the rearing of our children.

Laurie, I am so happy to have had you by my side over these past ten years. May God continue to fill our hearts with His grace and our home with His love. I love you! Thanks for the thousands of ways that you communicate your love for me in return.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, too!

    P.S. Thanks for using the most convicting verses ever (second only to Prov 31, of course). Ha! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete