Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Q & A on Prayer

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened...If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - Matthew 7:7-8, 11

I am currently pouring over some terrific books and resources on prayer in preparation for a mini-series that I'll be preaching at New Beginnings starting this Sunday. Last week I had the great honor of sharing at our Community Men's Prayer Breakfast on the topic of prayer. From some of the responses, it seems that God really spoke to each of our hearts during that time and the Holy Spirit brought conviction over the condition of many of our prayer lives.

I want to do some research here as well, and I hope that you will help me out and participate. Below you will find several questions about prayer. I would be blessed if you would read over these questions and maybe post your replys/insights/further questions in the comment section below. If you prefer, you can also send an email to me directly at newbeginningsbfc@gmail.com. You have my word that your name will not be used in any illustrations, etc., unless you give me direct consent.

1. How would you rate your prayer life on a scale of 1 to 10 (1=non-existent and 10=consistently passionate)?

2. What topics do you find yourself praying for most often (ex. sickness, friend's salvation, thanksgiving, etc.)

3. What are the greatest obstacles to your prayer life?

4. Why is prayer important for a Christian?

5. Have you discovered any specific resources that help you in deepening your prayer life?

Please feel free to post any other related thoughts and/or your own questions on prayer. Thanks for helping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment